Related THEC Policies
THEC Forms for Off-Campus Centers and Sites
Related TBR Policies and Guidelines
Forms for Academic Program Approval
- Name/Title Change Form (doc) *Submit as e-mail attachment to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs*
- This form is used to change the name of existing academic programs or academic units when no other change is involved. No other form is submitted with this form. Approval is granted by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Instructions for Letters of Intent (doc)
- For details see TBR Guideline A-010
- Checklist for Letters of Intent (doc)
- The completed checklist should be submitted as an appendix to the Letter of Intent
- Cover Page (doc) *Required for all proposals*
- This form serves to document support for the proposed actions through the institution's established approval process and from the president.
- LONG FORM - Proposal to Establish NEW Academic Programs or Delivery (doc)
- This form is used to establish a NEW:
- Degree (Requires Letter of Intent)
- Certificate (Requires Letter of Intent if 24 or more SCH)
- Collaborative (Both on Ground and Online)
- This form is also used for:
- Converting an existing program to 100 percent online delivery
- SHORT FORM - Proposal to Change EXISTING Academic Programs or Establish a New Academic Unit (doc)
- This form is used for:
- Establishing a new academic unit
- Substantive Curriculum Revision (impacting 18 SCH or more since last approved by TBR)
- Inactivation or Reactivation
- Revision of Admission, Progression, and/or Graduation Policy (both institutional and program specific)
- Consolidation or Reorganization
- If this results in the establishment of a new program on the Academic Program Inventory, the Long Form should be used instead.
- Extending an existing academic program to 100% delivery at an off-campus site
- This action requires THEC Attachments A, B, and C to be added as appendixes.
- Establishing a new MINOR
- May be approved by the TBR Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or may be referred to the Board if significant costs are involved or other concerns identified.
- Other changes not listed
- THEC Financial Projections Form (xls)
- This form is required for any proposal with new costs. The format is set by THEC and cannot be altered.