During the 2020-2021 academic year, the Office of Student Success hosted a virtual series called Learning to Lead, available across all TBR campuses. The series had two components: a Leadership series and Book Clubs. Recordings to the Leadership series workshops can be found below.
The Learning to Lead program continues in 2022 with the "From the Vice Chancellor's Shelf" Book Club for faculty and staff with Dr. Heidi Leming.
Students may participate in the Learning to Lead Leadership Courses: The Emerging Leader and the Advanced Leader. Please visit the Learning to Lead Course webpage for more information.
Learning to Lead: Student Leadership Courses
Learn more about how to enhance your leadership skills through the Emerging Leader and the Advanced Leader self-paced courses.
Book clubs will be offered for faculty/staff through The Vice Chancellor's Book Shelf Book Club. Faculty/staff can participate in any offered book clubs based on their interests and availability.
Questions? Please reach out to Kristina Krau Waymire, Director of Student Initiatives.
Best Practices and Norms
For all of our virtual offerings, we utilize Microsoft Teams. Please follow the suggested guidelines when participating in the book clubs:
- If you are comfortable having your video on, please do so!
- If your video is on, however, please blur your background.
- You can do this on the “join now” screen before you enter the call. There is a square icon between the video and microphone icons representing a blurred background, and you can toggle the switch so that it is on.
- Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking
- If possible, use headphones with a built-in microphone (wired or wireless) this will cut down on ambient background noise and allow you to be heard more clearly.
- Use the "raise hand" feature when wanting to speak, this will avoid interruptions and allow the facilitator to ensure you have the space to speak.
- You may also utilize the chat feature for questions/comments as well.
Resources & Recordings
Leadership 101 Resources - Recordings from our 2020 sessions
Leadership 102 Resources - Recordings from our 2021 Sessions