Support the Foundation for the College System of Tennessee
The mission of the Foundation for the College System of Tennessee is to encourage, support and promote the advancement and awareness of the System and its member institutions as it serves as a vital workforce development resource. The Foundation’s Board will assist the System staff in fundraising, capital campaigns, and create opportunities for the System not provided by state funding for its member institutions by helping to provide:
- Further scholarship opportunities not covered by Pell, HOPE, Tennessee Promise, Tennessee Reconnect and other Financial Aid programs.
- Career-technical education programs offered through traditional and distance delivery methods leading to associate degrees, diplomas and technical certificates of credit.
- Customized business and industry training and additional economic development services.
- Continuing education for technical and professional development; including adult education services.
- Dual Enrollment and other Early Postsecondary opportunities for high school students in Tennessee.
The establishment of the Foundation for the College System of Tennessee serves to:
- Assist the System’s External Affairs/Strategic Advancement Staff in fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Improve the image of the College System of Tennessee. • Expand awareness of the System throughout the State of Tennessee.
- Provide opportunities for more students to attend college through scholarships and other forms of financial assistance.
- Help procure special equipment; to help upgrade/expand the System’s current physical facilities.
- Help improve current instructional programs, and to obtain positive recognition for the System and its institutions.
The biggest strength of the College System of Tennessee is its outstanding students, faculty, and staff in its 40 colleges throughout the state. For the System to lead the way, its member institutions must continue to provide the proper training tools for its students for them to enter the workforce prepared to do their job. The role of the Foundation is supporting the mission of the System with funding and resources not provided by the State of Tennessee and Federal funding. One of the primary aspects of the Foundation is to help engage business and industry as well as the community partners throughout to build mutually beneficial relationships for a stronger and well-trained workforce for a better tomorrow.
The Key Objectives Are:
Recruiting Key Leaders and Stakeholders to the Foundation Board
- Bring in new Trustees who either understand or are willing to learn more about the mission of the College System of Tennessee.
- Ensure the Board of Trustees is a diverse balance of community and corporate leaders representing the population of Tennessee.
- Upon addition of a new Trustee to the Board, their strengths will align with the most critical needs of the Foundation.
Educate our state community and incoming Trustees
- Starting with System staff, conduct community outreach both externally and internally about what exactly the College System of Tennessee Foundation does for its Colleges and the System.
- Conduct orientation sessions for incoming Trustees and conduct an annual overview about what is expected of Trustees.
- Create a Speaker’s Bureau consisting of Foundation Board Members and System staff.
Foundation of the College System of Tennessee Board Members
Performance Infrastructure Director
Sheila Boyington, P.E.
President and CEO
Vice President, Collective Impact and Strategic Initiatives
United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties
Mrs. Kelli Chaney
Leo R. Meany
Vice President, Senior Financial Advisor
First Horizon Advisors
MNA Government Relations, LLC
Vice President, Aircraft Maintenance
The Ayers Foundation
Stowers Machinery Corporation
Dr. Michael Torrence
Motlow State Community College
Regent Danni B. Varlan
2nd Congressional District
Major Gifts, Grants and Legacy Giving Director
East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
Independent Healthcare Properties, LLC
Morning Pointe Senior Living
Dr. Flora W. Tydings
Tennessee Board of Regents
Dr. Kim McCormick
Vice Chancellor, External Affairs
Tennessee Board of Regents
Executive Board and Committees
Susan Rhodes, Chair
Sheila Boyington, Vice Chair
Erik Clinite, Treasurer
Erik Clinite, Co-Chair
For information regarding the Foundation for the College System of Tennessee Contact:
Carol Tomlinson – Coordinator
Lottie Hooper – Accountant-Finance