TBR Audit Committee and Committee Chairs to Meet June 7
Two open meetings will be held at the Tennessee Board of Regents central office in Nashville on Tuesday, June 7.
The Audit Committee meeting will begin at 11 a.m. CDT. The agenda includes the following informational reports and will be followed by a closed executive session:
- Review of Comptroller’s Office Audit Reports;
- Review of Internal Audit Reports;
- Review of Quarterly Expenses for the Chancellor and Presidents; and
- Follow-up to June 2010 Educational Session.
The Committee Chairs meeting will begin at 12:45 p.m. CDT. The following agenda will be discussed:
- Opening remarks (Vice Chairman Duckett / Chancellor Morgan);
- Legislative Review (Vice Chancellor Gregory);
- President Emeritus Contracts (General Counsel Modisher);
- Update on the Director’s Search at TTC – Jackson (Vice Chancellor King);
- Promotion and Tenure Recommendations (Vice Chancellors Short and King);
- Finance and Business Issues (Vice Chancellor Sims); and
- Review draft of the June Board Agenda (Chancellor Morgan)
Both meetings are open to the public and the press. Those planning to attend should contact Monica Greppin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-366-4417 before 10 a.m. CDT Tuesday, June 7, so building security clearance can be arranged.
The Tennessee Board of Regents is the nation’s sixth largest higher education system, governing 46 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system includes six universities, 13 two-year colleges and 27 technology centers, providing programs in 90 of Tennessee’s 95 counties to more than 200,000 students.
The College System of Tennessee is the state’s largest public higher education system, with 13 community colleges, 27 colleges of applied technology and the online TN eCampus serving approximately 100,000 students. The system is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents.