TBR to Meet in Quarterly Session June 18-19 at Columbia State; Board Considers Tuition Recommendations
The Tennessee Board of Regents will meet in regular quarterly session at Columbia State Community College in Columbia on Friday, June 19, following a day of committee meetings on June 18.
Committee meetings will begin at 1 p.m. CDT Thursday in the Cherry Theater of the Waymon L. Hickman Building. Committees will meet in this order: Finance and Business Operations, Personnel and Compensation, Academic Policies and Programs and Student Life, External Affairs, and Workforce Development.
Tuition and fee rates will be considered during the Finance and Business Operations Committee meeting Thursday. The full Board will meet on Friday, when members will vote on the committee’s recommendations for tuition and fees.
Unfinished business to be considered includes proposed revisions to TBR policy concerning rules and regulations for student conduct and disciplinary sanctions.
New business to go before the Board includes:
- Report of the Finance and Business Operations Committee Meeting that includes approval of tuition and maintenance fees as well as funding for operations for the 2014-15 fiscal year;
- Report of the Personnel and Compensation Committee Meeting that includes faculty promotional increases and approval of the system compensation plan recommendations;
- Building naming requests from Austin Peay State University, Tennessee Tech University, Volunteer State Community College, Jackson State Community College and Motlow State Community College;
- Resolutions of appreciation for Motlow President MaryLou Apple, Southwest Tennessee Community College President Nate Essex, Regent Dottye Webb, and Regent Rebecca Reeves; and
- Election of the chairman and vice chairman for 2015-2016
A full agenda and meeting materials are available on the TBR website at https://www.tbr.edu/board/june-2015-quarterly-board-meeting.
All meetings are open to the public and the press as observers. Any member of the public or media who plans to attend should contact Sonja Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-366-3927 before noon CDT Wednesday, June 17, so access can be arranged. The meetings are also accessible to view via live streaming video on the TBR meeting website at https://www.tbr.edu/board/june-2015-quarterly-board-meeting (This press release has been updated to reflect the new webcast link).
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend should contact Mason to request services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by e-mail, by telephone or otherwise and should be received by noon June 15 as well.
The College System of Tennessee is the state’s largest public higher education system, with 13 community colleges, 27 colleges of applied technology and the online TN eCampus serving approximately 100,000 students. The system is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Meeting/Event InformationJune 2015 Quarterly Board Meeting