Federal Laws, Regulations, and Agencies
- United States Code: Provides current United States statutes, through the Cornell University Law School
- Code of Federal Regulations: Provides current federal rules and regulations
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): Provides information regarding the laws & regulations governing discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as providing guidance to the general public
- Findlaw: Provides free research of case decisions from the States, Federal Circuit Courts, and the United States Supreme Court, as well as breaking legal news
State Laws, Regulations, and Agencies
- Tennessee State Rules and Regulations: Provides current official state rules and regulations, including amendments, repeals, and/or deletions
- Tennessee Office of the Attorney General and Reporter: Provides legal opinions regarding the application of state laws, rules, and regulations
- Tennessee Secretary of State: Provides information on all acts and resolutions adopted by the General Assembly and signed by the governor. This office also keeps all state records required by statute
- Tennessee Ethics Commission: Provides information and forms regarding conflicts of interest, financial disclosure requirements, and ethical conduct
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission: Provides information regarding discrimination in employment in the state of Tennessee
- Office of Civil Rights (OCR): Investigates and ensures compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, against all education agencies in Tennessee
- Tennessee Courts: Provides information, rules, and court opinions from the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Tennessee Court of Appeals, and the Court of Criminal Appeals
General Counsel Guidance Memorandums
A. Guideline on Firearms on Campus: Exhibit #1 to Policy 3:02:00:01 General Policy on Student Conduct & Disciplinary Sanctions, and Guideline P-085 Workplace Violence Prevention. See Exhibit 1.
B. Guideline on Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA): Exhibit #1 to Policy 3:05:01:01 Policy for Classifying Students In-State & Out-of-State for Paying College or University Fees & Tuition & for Admission Purposes. See Exhibit 2.