Certificate of Self-Insurance

The Tennessee Board of Regents and its institutions are often requested by outside parties to provide evidence of self-insurance coverage in conjunction with agreements and contracts negotiated by its employees.

Examples of situations where the TBR and/or its institutions may be required to provide evidence of insurance include:

  • Leasing or renting equipment or real estate
  • Proof of insurance for all system vehicles
  • Research awards sub-grants
  • Professional Services Agreements

The State of Tennessee self-funds its exposures in general liability, automobile liability, professional malpractice, and workers' compensation, and therefore does not issue individual certificates of insurance. The blanket certificate is available on-line for use by entities conducting business with the TBR and/or it's institutions as evidence of the self-funded retention levels, coverage terms, and limits routinely requested.