- Bradley Cook, provost and executive vice president and professor of history at Southern Utah University;
- Jerome Gilbert, provost and executive vice president at Mississippi State University;
- Randall Hanna, chancellor of the Florida College System and Division of Florida Colleges; and
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 10, 2014) — The Finance and Business Operations Committee of the Tennessee Board of Regents will meet via telephone at 2 p.m. CDT on Thursday, April 17.
The committee will review background materials and discuss information needs and next steps as it begins consideration of tuition and maintenance fee recommendations.
In response to today’s vote in the House of Representatives to approve a two-year delay in the Common Core State Standards and related Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test, Tennessee Board of Regents Chancellor John Morgan has issued the following statement:"We are very disappointed in this first step taken to undo the meaningful reforms initiated with the State’s 'First to the Top' efforts. The Common Core and PARCC exam are important strategies for preparing college- and career-ready graduates.
- Guy Bailey, professor and former president at the University of Alabama and former president at Texas Tech University;
- Sharon Gaber, provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs at the University of Arkansas;