Copyright Complaints Procedure
Pursuant to TBR Policy 1:08:00:00, the official designated to respond to allegations of copyright infringement on the part of individuals at the TBR System Office, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, is identified below, along with contact information. The act requires the complainant to include certain information in a complaint, and providing that information in the initial contact may help speed resolution of the complaint.
Agent Contact Information
Stephen Vieira, Interim CIO
Office of Information Technology
Tennessee Board of Regents
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the infringed work;
- Identification of the infringed material;
- Contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or the law; and
- A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.