The Office of Information Technology provides strategic IT support to the universities, community colleges, and colleges of applied technology that make up the Tennessee Board of Regents System. This support covers the following areas:
- ERP System Technical/Functional Support: Provide software modifications and support for the Ellucian® Banner® ERP system to deliver administrative forms, self-service pages, routines/processes, and reports in support of campus areas of accounts receivable, advancement, finance, financial aid, human resources, student services, and the Luminis® web portal.
- System Integration: Provide direct and indirect campus support in extending the capabilities of the base ERP system to enable third party software and services to the user community (e.g., TouchNet® electronic payments, SciQuest® expanded procurement services, Automic™ improved automation, and more efficient process workflow, etc.)
- Database Administration: Provide direct and indirect campus support for Oracle® 11g and 12c.
- Statewide Networking: Coordinate TBR’s participation in NetTN, a unique partnership between AT&T, higher education, and state and local government entities to provide high speed network connectivity across Tennessee.
- IT Security: Organize and manage TBR’s system-wide information technology security initiative.
- Hosting/Cloud Computing: Provide and administer hosting/cloud computing resources in the State of Tennessee Strategic Technology Solutions (STS) Tier IV data center.
- Data Warehousing: Develop and manage a system-wide central data repository that collects information from all colleges and universities in the system.
- Business Intelligence/Reporting: Develop and maintain an inventory of reports (Argos), dashboards, analytics, and key performance metrics to support higher education data-driven decision making.
- Project Management: Provide project management for system-wide IT initiatives.
- Functional and Technical Training: Develop and deliver seminars, classes, webinars, instructional materials, presentations, etc., on a variety of IT topics to TBR institutions.
- Governance: Work with the Information Technology and other Sub Councils to develop the policies, guidelines, procedures, etc., under which we operate our institutions.
- Consulting: Perform cost, organizational, talent-management and other studies as requested.