The President's office should collect the nomination form along with all required materials and complete the college certification before using the form below to submit their nominee once a finalist has been determined at the campus level.
Deadline to submit is October 12, 2020. For questions regarding your submission, please reach out to email@example.com.
Virtual Faculty Competition Date: Friday, November 20, 2020 (All Regions).
Final SOAR Competition: TBD
Faculty Nomination Criteria
Award is open to full-time and part-time faculty. To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Have completed at least one year of employment at the institution.
- Be a faculty member who is full-time or adjunct during the 2020-21 academic year.
- Be of any rank (adjunct, lecturer, instructor, assistant, associate, or full professor) and any track (tenure, tenure-eligible or contingent) if applicable.
*Please review all eligibility requirements located in the criteria packet below before beginning application. Once started, application cannot be saved.
2020-21 SOAR College Certification.docx
Faculty Excellence Award Submission Requirements
It is the responsibility of the nominator to gather and submit all required documents to the President's office (A student nominator, however, may request that this responsibility be given to a faculty member or administrator/staff member.) Self-nominations are not eligible. It is the responsibility of the President's office to fill out the form below along with the college certification.
- Nomination form (to be completed by nominator)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (supplied by the nominee’s department chair)
- Three Letters of Support (not to exceed two pages, 12 pt. font)
- One letter from the nominator. Any faculty member, administrator/staff member, or student from the college community may nominate an individual for an excellence award.
- One letter by the nominee’s department chair. It is requested that the department chair highlight the specific appointment requirements or expectations (teaching, scholarship, and/or service) of the nominee to enable the committee to adequately review the individual on this basis. If the nominating letter is from the nominee’s department chair or the nominee is the department chair, another support letter is required.
- One letter from an additional individual who supports the recommendation of the nominee for an excellence award. Any faculty member, administrator/ staff member, alumnus/a, student from the college community, or external colleague may submit a letter of support.