About the Department
The Tennessee Board of Regents’ Purchasing and Contracts Department, under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, has the responsibility of managing system-wide procurements and contracts within the laws of the State of Tennessee, federal purchasing and contracting regulations, and the policies and guidelines of the Tennessee Board of Regents, ensuring that the best value as to quantity and quality are obtained for funds expended.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Bid/proposal processes for all purchases of goods and/or services, vendor selection for bids, and analysis of quotations/proposals for all major system-wide acquisitions.
- Development, implementation, and enforcement of new and existing policies and guidelines, state, and federal laws.
- Development of cost-saving measures, identifying waste and recommending improvement.
- Coordination and liaison activities of the Tennessee Board of Regents’ Council of Buyers, contracts officers, business officers, providing assistance and advice to purchasing and contracts staff throughout the system.
- Coordination and partnering of procurement/contracting opportunities with the State of Tennessee and University of Tennessee system of higher education.
- Preparation of all procurement and contracts reports for state legislators, committees, and other public officials.
- Coordination and liaison activities with the Governor's office of Diversity Business Enterprise and the Small Business Administration, providing assistance with Diversity classification registration.
- Coordination and liaison of system wide eProcurement system.
- Management of system wide vendor registration portal.