Course Revitalization Grant Proposal Content and Questions
The content and questions that encompass the Proposal Submission Form are listed below. Please be prepared to answer these questions when submitting a proposal.
- Course Enrollment (Annual for 2016-17)
- Course ABC Grade Percentage
Revitalization Team Information:
- Total Team Members
- Name, email and phone number of Lead Faculty Team Member
- Name(s), email(s) and phone number(s) of Other Team Members
Grant Proposal Questions:
- Describe the revitalized course in its complete implementation, especially how it differs from the traditional course.
- Explain the academic problems that the revitalized course addresses.
- Explain how the revitalized course will enhance student learning and improve student success.
- Describe the pilot phase and its project objectives.
- Outline all of the steps that will be required to complete the project.
- Explain the formative evaluation methods (reflective process used to measure and improve the quality of student learning during the pilot phase).
- Explain the summative evaluation methods (reflective process used to measure the effectiveness of course-delivery methods in achieving project objectives).
- Identify who is required to take the course.
- Is this redesign part of a collaborative with another submission? If so, please identify which one and discuss the nature of the collaboration.
- Does this redesign incorporate interventions based around the research on Universal Design for Learning and Growth & Fixed Mindset feedback. (Please see the following for more information on the nature of these interventions:http://udloncampus.cast.org/home#.WjgvD0xFwpU http://www.udlcenter.org/ http://ed.ted.com/on/UA77FlTc , http://learningandtheadolescentmind.org/people_05.html http://www.ted.com/talks/carol_dweck_the_power_of_believing_that_you_can_improve?language=en)
You may submit via this website or by email to email@example.com. If using email please submit all proposal material via MS Word (any version) except the Course Revitalization Grant Signature Sheet which should be signed, scanned and sent as a PDF file. All proposals are to be submitted by 4:30 PM CST, on March 16, 2018. More information for the 2018-19 cycle can be found here.