OER 101 Webinar
Meeting Details09/14/2022 - 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Join us for a virtual seminar covering foundational aspects of OER selection, attribution, and usage on Wednesday, September 14 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm Central.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Meeting ID: 272 594 063 356Passcode: UvmFYb
Or call in (audio only) - +1 629-401-2817,,191315401# United States, Nashville
Phone Conference ID: 191 315 401#
This session will convey critical information underpinning successful OER use, including key insights on:
- Distinguishing OER from other instructional materials,
- Recognizing and attributing OER properly, and
- Practical steps to find relevant, quality OER.
- Elizabeth Spica is a Creative Commons-certified Global Network Member entering her second year of law school at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She currently serves as a Legal Fellow for Wikimedia Foundation, and prior to law school, she worked for both traditional and OER-based textbook publishers and pursued research in efforts to help lower student textbook costs. Elizabeth believes in a world where everyone can freely share in the sum of all knowledge and is excited to meet with everyone about their OER projects.
- Rachel Fleming is Scholarly Communications Librarian at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, where they manage the UTC Library’s Affordable Course Materials Initiative, support open campus publishing in UTC Scholar, and provide scholarly communications training and support. Fleming has fifteen years of experience in library technical services including collection development, collection management, serials, and acquisitions.
- Ryan Korstange is Director of Academic Affairs at the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, and coordinator of various statewide textbook affordability initiatives.
|OER 101 flyer.pdf||3.95 MB|
Note: If the meeting is/was livestreamed, the live video will be on this page at the time of livestream and the video archive will appear immediately after.