TBR Course Revitalization Initiative 2019-20
The Tennessee Board of Regents is accepting grant proposals for course revitalization projects targeting high enrollment gateway classes. Selection criteria will be weighted toward redesign of courses impacting diversity and equity. Diversity defined as individual differences and group / social differences that can be engaged in the service of learning. Equity defined as creating opportunities for equal access and success for historically underrepresented populations, such as racial and ethnic minority and low income students. (NERCHE Self-Assessment Rubric, Saltmarsh, 2019)
Proposals submitted by teams of two or more faculty members will be considered for funding. Emphasis will also be given on ramp up proposals which involve institution wide or multi-insitutional proposals .
- Responses for the 2019-20 Course Revitalization Initiative will no longer be accepted through this web portal. If you are interested in submitting a proposal please click here for more information.
- March 13, 2019: Proposal Submission
- April 2019: Proposals selected by committee for funding, institution and project investigator notified.
- July 2019: one half funding transferred to institution upon receipt of an invoice submitted by the lead faculty project manager's home institution business office.
- January 24, 2020 Final Reports due
- March 2020 or sooner: Second half of fuding sent upon acceptance of the final report and an invoice from the lead faculty project manager's home institution business office.
Please contact Dr. Greg Sedrick (firstname.lastname@example.org , 615-366-4471) for more information.