Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
The Annual Enrollment Transfer Period is Saturday, October 1, 2022 - Friday, October 14, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. CST, with changes effective January 1, 2023. This is the only time of the year when participants can make changes in their insurance coverage. The only exception is for individuals enrolled who have a Qualifying Event.
During the annual enrollment transfer period, Tennessee Board of Regents employees may do the following:
- Choose your health insurance option
- Choose your health insurnace carrier and network
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if eligible)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if eligible)
- Enroll in or cancel optional accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage (if eligible)
- Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease optional term life coverage amounts (if eligible)
- Enroll in Flexible Benefits - (enroll annually)
- Enroll in short-term disability insurance
- Enroll in long-term disability insurance
- Refer to the 2023 Benefits Newsletterfor more detailed information regarding annual enrollment
- Refer to the 2023 Benefits Guide for information on vision, flexible spending account, AFLAC supplemental insurance, long term disability, optional term life insurance, and long term care.
All eligible employees are sent information on available healthcare options, premiums, a listing of benefits charges, service areas and vendor changes for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following January 1. After annual enrollment, in most cases you can only add or cancel coverage if you lose eligiiblity or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year.
Please watch the following short how-to videos for logging in to Edision and selecting/changing your benefit elections:
Logging into Edison for the 1st Time
How to Log-In to Edison When You've Forgotten Your Password
How to Log-In Edison When You've Forgotten Your Access ID
Select and Enroll in Benefits in Edison
Benefit Changes for 2023
- EyeMed will be our new Vision vendor for 2023. Premiums will increase in 2023. If you are currently enrolled in vision coverage, you will automatically transfer to EyeMed for 2023 unless you cancel or change coverage during Annual Enrollment.
All higher education benefits-eligible employees will automatically have basic term life up to 1.5 times your base annual salary as of Sept. 1 of each year, even if you are not enrolled in health insurance, to a maximum of $50,000. Basic accidental death and dismemberment coverage will continue to be two times your basic term life coverage up to $100,000. All eligible employees can also enroll eligible dependents in basic term life/basic accidental death and dismemberment.
The state will increase its funding of the health savings account for enrolled CDHP members to $500 (employee tier) and $1,000 (all other family tiers).
Health Insurance - 2023
- Health Plan Comparison 2023
- BCBS Directory 2020
- BCBS Network S Provider Directory - 2022
- BCBS Network P Directory - 2022
- Cigna Local Plus Network Provider Directory - 2022
- CIGNA Open Access Plus Network Provider Directory - 2022
- CIGNA Online Directory (Local Plus and Open Access Plus)
- All Networks - Hospital Directory - 2022
- Health Plan Premiums for Active Employees 2023
Dental Insurance - 2023
- Delta Dental Provider Search
- CIGNA Dental Handbook
- Cigna Dentist Search
- Dental Plan Comparison 2023
- Dental Premiums - 2023
Vision Insurance - 2023
Short-Term Disability - 2023
- MetLife Short-Term Disability Information
- MetLife Short-Term Disability Handbook
- Short Term Disability Premiums for Active Employees 2023
Long-Term Disability -2023
We are excited to share news about changes to our long-term disability (LTD) insurance. These changes have resulted in lower premiums for current participants and for eligible employees who wish to join the plan during a special enrollment period this coming spring.
Effective January 1, 2023, The Tennessee Board of Regents will be contracting with Reliance Standard to provide the employee LTD insurance program. Plan designs will match the current plans offered by Lincoln Financial, however premiums with Reliance Standard are 22 percent lower.
Employees enrolled in the Lincoln LTD policy as of January 1 will be rolled over to the same plan level within the Reliance Standard program on January 1 without a loss of benefits or gap in coverage.
Employees not enrolled in the Lincoln LTD policy as of January 1 will be able to participate in the Reliance Standard program following an open enrollment this spring. Dates for the special enrollment period will be announced later this year.
To avoid confusion, Lincoln and Reliance Standard will not be present at this fall’s benefit fairs.
More details will be shared as they become available.
HSA (Health Savings Account)
To enroll in or make a change to your existing HSA payroll deductions, please complete the following form.