Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
The Annual Enrollment Transfer Period is October 3 - October 14. This is the only time of the year when participants can make changes in their insurance coverage. The only exception is for individuals enrolled who have a Qualifying Event.
During the annual enrollment transfer period, Tennessee Board of Regents employees may do the following:
- Choose your health insurance options:
- Choose either the Partnership Promise PPO, No Partnership Promise PPO, Standard PPO, HealthSavings CDHP or Wellness HealthSavings CDHP, subject to eligibility*
- Select your health insurance carrier — either BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee or Cigna
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if eligible)
- Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if eligible)
- Enroll in or cancel optional accidental death coverage (if eligible)
- Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease optional term life coverage amounts (if eligible)
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account - (enroll annually)
- Apply to enroll, increase, decrease or cancel long-term disability (LTD) coverage (underwriting may be required)
- Refer to the 2017 Decision Guide for more detailed information regarding annual enrollment
- Refer to the 2017 TBR Benefits Guide for information on vision, flexible spending account, AFLAC supplemental insurance, long term disability, optional term life insurance, and long term care.
Benefit Changes for 2017
- Cigna will offer the Open Access Plus Network in addition to the LocalPlus Network in all regions and BlueCross will offer Network S in all regions.
- The Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) will no longer offer the TBR-VSP plan. The VSP vision coverage for current 2016 participants will terminate effective December 31, 2016. All current TBR-VSP participants who want vision coverage effective January 1, 2017, must enroll in the state’s EyeMed vision plan. To enroll in the state’s vision plan, you must enroll using the state’s Edison ESS.
- TBR will no longer offer AFLAC insurance and payroll deductions for current participants will end effective December 31, 2016. However, current participants will have the option to continue current coverages, benefit levels, and rates through a direct bill arrangement coordinated with AFLAC.
Health Insurance - 2017
Dental Insurance - 2017
Vision Insurance - 2017
Introducing Alex: Your Personal Benefits Expert
ALEX, your personal online ParTNers for Health benefits expert can help you choose which insurance option may work best for you.
ALEX Benefits Counselor