The College System of Tennessee, which is governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents, invites applications and nominations for the position of president of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) – McMinnville. TCAT McMinnville is one of Tennessee’s 27 technical colleges in the College System of Tennessee, governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents. The president is the chief executive officer of the college and reports to the Tennessee Board of Regents through the chancellor.
TCAT McMinnville employs 27 full-time employees and has an annual operating budget of approximately $2.6 million. TCAT McMinnville is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education. Additional information about the colleges can be found at https://tcatmcminnville.edu/.
Required criteria for selection include the following:
• A master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Preferred criteria for selection include, but are not limited to, the following:
• A distinguished record of teaching experience in public higher education or technical education program planning experience.
• A minimum of five years of successful leadership and management experience at the executive level with significant decision-making responsibility for supervision/management, budgets, personnel, and/or programs in a post-secondary and/or technical educational environment.
• A distinguished record of extensive senior level administrative experience in a complex business, industry, or government enterprise.
• Experience in the planning, facilitating, opening and operating new higher education sites.
Expected criteria for selection to include:
• A demonstrated commitment to serving students, faculty and staff of a post-secondary technical college;
• A demonstration of experience with engaging various constituencies and building partnerships;
• Capable of establishing strong community college and K-12 partnerships and relationships;
• A commitment to attracting traditional and non-traditional students into workforce programs (certificates /diplomas) and promoting approaches to enhance their opportunity for success;
• An understanding of and commitment to enhancing student success through focused efforts on retention, persistence and completion;
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as core values that enhance the educational process;
• A demonstrated commitment to affirmative action and equal opportunity;
• A demonstrated strength in human relations and communication, planning, financial management, budgeting and organizational skills to lead and inspire internal and external constituencies of the college;
• A demonstrated background and understanding of and commitment to private fundraising;
• Demonstrated ability to lead an institution that is comprised of multiple campuses that meet specific needs in the communities served;
• A demonstrated understanding of institutional accreditation processes;
• An understanding of regional workforce education and training needs and how to strategically position TCAT-McMinnville in a highly competitive post-secondary education marketplace; and
• An understanding of and commitment to the role of TCAT-McMinnville as part of a higher education system.